Metropolitan steps in to provide capital, often as the first institutional lender, to small and mid-sized companies to help them achieve their immediate goals and lend operational support as they deliver on their business objectives. Companies choose us rather than exploring more traditional capital alternatives because we have a reputation for being responsive, decisive and dependable. Our customized lending solutions provide companies an alternative to unnecessary equity dilution, assist in unlocking their true business potential and safeguard the enterprise value company stakeholders have worked hard to create.
We partner directly with companies and take the time to fully understand the fundamentals of their businesses, so that we can help identify opportunities for growth and improved execution. We view a business’s operations and management vision to be as important as its assets and credit history, which is why we have a team of experienced business operators that assists in the credit review process. Like you, we’ve been in the trenches and know what it takes to operate a successful business, and we structure our deals with this understanding in mind.
Here’s our promise to our borrowers:
HELP IDENTIFY AND ADDRESS OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Look at businesses holistically to quickly identify core opportunities and challenges
- Help identify the most efficient and effective path to growth, recognizing success isn’t linear
FIND THE RIGHT CUSTOMIZED SOLUTIONS FOR EACH BUSINESS
- Never apply a “one-size-fits-all” approach—we are problem solvers and creative thinkers. We map out the right solutions for each business to help them make decisions quickly and move forward
- We understand management teams, their process and needs—our business experience and contacts allow us to direct the right resources to our borrowers to achieve success
- There are not many players in the market in which we operate, which allows us to identify great companies with real potential for growth and success. Our nimble size and approach allow us to offer loans to small and mid-sized companies that are not typically served by traditional capital sources.
DRAW FROM OUR EXPERIENCE AS BUSINESS OPERATORS AND SECTOR EXPERTS
- Our network of Operating Experts offers borrowers sector-specific guidance and assistance, business strategy counsel and valuable connections
- We have been in your shoes before—launching, growing and operating businesses. Our direct experience allows us to closely collaborate with companies to build their operations and infrastructure, and scale over time
- Engaged, responsive and empathetic—that is how we operate with our borrowers. Our diligence timeline and closing date are driven by the borrower’s needs, and our Operating Experts remain available during the life of the loan to act as a sounding board for management
TRANSITIONAL LOANS THAT FOCUS ON BUSINESS GROWTH AND STREAMLINING
- Our loans offer an equity alternative for management teams with high conviction. We ensure you avoid equity dilution and a long equity-raise process so that you can execute on immediate business and growth goals
- Loan durations of 12 to 36 months are lower cost when compared to equity dilution or the growth loss of untapped opportunities