We provide senior-secured loans to small and mid-sized companies across a variety of sectors throughout the U.S. Our borrowers are fundamentally strong, but are not typically served by traditional asset managers or lenders. We also selectively provide asset-backed, second-lien loans to borrowers on a case-by-case basis.
Over the last nine years, we have deployed more than $600 million in loans and completed over 60 transactions with companies across a number of business sectors, including financial services, specialty finance, local infrastructure, telecom, heavy equipment, niche manufacturing and automation.
Metropolitan finances specific catalytic and growth events for companies and helps them scale their businesses, expand their operations and avoid equity dilution.
TARGET PORTFOLIO COMPANY ATTRIBUTES
- U.S.-based companies with annual revenues of less than $100 million and no controlling institutional investors
- Asset-rich businesses with significant hard assets or recurring/contractual revenues
- Strong management teams with conviction
- Businesses with a specific growth event or inflection point
- Niche focus and compelling value propositions
- Companies looking for a capital partner than can execute effectively within a tight deadline
TYPICAL ATTRIBUTES OF OUR INVESTMENTS
- Target Investment Size: $5 – $25 million
- Typical loan duration: 1 – 3 years
- Predominantly senior-secured loans
- Primarily cash interest, partial deferred pay
INDUSTRIES OF FOCUS
- Specialty Finance
- Financial Services
- Local Infrastructure
- Industrial/Niche Manufacturing