We provide senior-secured loans to small and mid-sized companies across a variety of sectors throughout the U.S. Our borrowers are fundamentally strong, but are not typically served by traditional asset managers or lenders. We also selectively provide asset-backed, second-lien loans to borrowers on a case-by-case basis.
Over the last ten years, we have deployed more than $700 million in loans and completed over 65 transactions with companies across a number of business sectors, including specialty finance & financial services, housing, farmland & agriculture and technology & media.
Metropolitan finances specific catalytic and growth events for companies and helps them scale their businesses, expand their operations and avoid equity dilution.
TARGET PORTFOLIO COMPANY ATTRIBUTES
- U.S.-based companies with annual revenues of less than $100 million and no controlling institutional investors
- Asset-rich businesses with significant hard assets or recurring/contractual revenues
- Strong management teams with conviction
- Businesses with a specific growth event or inflection point
- Niche focus and compelling value propositions
- Companies looking for a capital partner than can execute effectively within a tight deadline
TYPICAL ATTRIBUTES OF OUR INVESTMENTS
- Target Investment Size: $5 – $25 million
- Typical loan duration: 1 – 3 years
- Predominantly senior-secured loans
- Primarily cash interest, partial deferred pay
INDUSTRIES OF FOCUS
- Specialty Finance & Financial Services
- Farmland & Agriculture
- Technology & Media
- Other – Metropolitan opportunistically reviews asset-rich special situations in other business sectors